Diploma in Computer Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is a discipline devoted to the systematic study, creation and application of computer-based models to understand and analyze natural and engineered systems. CSE is inherently interdisciplinary, with close ties to other disciplines such as mathematics, science and engineering. It draws upon and integrates concepts and principles from these fields to define a new, cohesive body of knowledge centered on the representation and manipulation of computational models.
To get admission in 1st year, students need to pass the 10th board exam from a recognized university.
To get admission in 2nd year, students need to pass the 12th board exam from a recognized university.
Scope of Diploma in Computer Science
The scope of diploma in computer science is wide & varied. The Diploma qualification provides a good grounding for students who wish to continue further studies or take up employment. After Diploma in Computer science, there is an opportunity for many jobs in IT as well as in Govt sectors. Otherwise for betterment you can go for B.E/B.TECH by directly getting entry into 2nd year through lateral entry. Hope you will choose the best for you.
Scope of jobs for Diploma holders in ‘Computer Engg’.
- Junior Engineer/Technical Assistant in Defence Services.
- Instructor/Technician in Polytechnics and Engineering colleges.
- Jobs in call centre & cyber cafes. Jobs such as data entry operator, computer operator, DTP operator and technician in Universities/Educational Institutes.
- Junior Engineer in s/w and h/w industries.
Various Research area under the Diploma
The various area of research in the Department is focused around computer applications. Major areas covered are:
- Architectures and operating systems
- Database Management system.
- Networks, Systems and Security
- Software engineering, Programming languages.
- Object Oriented Programming and software development approaches